Friday Faves!

WooHoo! It's Friday!! It's Mother's Day weekend. And the weather is fabulous right now in New York. Which leads me to my first Friday fave...


Now that is what I consider a magnificent forecast. If I have my way, I will be sitting on the beach on Sunday as the forecast has now changed to sunny and 84! And I should have my way. Afterall, it is Mother's Day.

This right here is my new favorite breakfast...


Light multigrain English muffin, spread with a little bit of peanut butter and topped with fresh sliced strawberries and a drizzle of honey! I am not a breakfast food fan. I know. The horror! I usually have toast with some peanut butter and maybe a half of a sliced banana. But my friend suggested a different fruit and then add the honey It takes it to another level. She was right!

Since we are talking about food, my next fave is dinner from this week. I made sausage and kale pasta bake and it was over the top! The original recipe is from Gimme Some Oven. I changed, added and adapted it to suit my tastes. My version will be coming soon to the blog.


One of my most favorite things to do is to buy spring/summer clothes. I hardly ever buy winter clothes. I can't remember the last time I bought a sweater that wasn't a cardigan or wrap. But, all bets are off when the stores start with the warmer styles. These two pieces I picked up at Forever21. I love them!!!



And last but not least, is what am I reading now. I am always striving to be better. I want to learn to be better at being thankful for my gifts and blessings. I also want people to think of me as kind and gracious. But, I have my good days and my bad days. I am a work in progress. I guess we all are to some degree. I went to my local Christian bookstore to pick up 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp and right next to it was this book...Becoming a Woman of Grace. I do not believe in coincidence so I picked it up as well. I am enjoying both immensely If you haven't read 1000 Gifts, its a must read. I had people tell me it changed their lives! I have to agree!


And there you have my Friday Faves this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Happy New Year!!!