May Recipe Club

I'm linking up with Andrea over at www.momfessionals.com for Recipe Club - May Edition.

I'm sharing a recipe I adapted from www.therecipecritic.com. It's delicious and gluten free.

Chicken Fried Rice


Whenever, I buy a rotisserie chicken or make a whole roasted chicken, I always have a ton left over. Usually, I make chicken enchiladas with them. But a few months ago, I decided to try something else. That's when I discovered this recipe. I changed a couple of things to suit our tastes and dietary needs. Judging by the amount of times my family went back for seconds and thirds, it's most definitely a winner.

Ingredients:

3 cups of brown rice
1/2 rotisserie chicken, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups of peas and carrots
2 Tbsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp of gluten free soy sauce or tamari




Directions:

-Preheat a wok or cast iron skillet on medium heat
-Pour sesame oil on the bottom of the pan & cook onion and peas and carrots until onion is translucent and vegetables are tender
-Move the veggies to the side and add beaten eggs to other side


-Scramble eggs & mix together with veggies
-Add rice & chicken and pour soy sauce on top
-Stir together and heat until everything is heated through
-Top with scallions

For the gluten free soy sauce I use either of these:



The possibilities are pretty endless with this recipe. You can mix ingredients and use what veggies you have on hand.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I used sliced leftover chicken breast and broccoli and it was so good.



I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did!

Comments

Laura said…
Hi Romana! I'm hopping over from Andrea's recipe link up! I see you've been blogging for a while, too! I make a similar recipe that I saw on Pinterest, but my gang likes it without the English peas. They are definitely not fans of English peas! Have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Color of the Week - Orange