Peach Galette

I love to bake even though I am not a big sweets eater. I would much rather eat real food than a piece of cake. I often bake to give it away to friends and neighbors. I mean my family can eat just so much. LOL!

So, when my Dad gave me a dozen giant peaches, I needed to figure out what to do with them. I searched the web and decided I would make a galette ... nice and easy and not too sweet.

Ingredients:

-1 sheet of thawed frozen puff pastry
-2 peaches, sliced thin
-1-1/2 tablespoons of cold butter, cut up into small cubes
-3 TBSP of granulated sugar
-1 tsp of ground cinnamon


Directions:

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-Make sure the oven rack is in the lowest row.
-Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
-Place thawed puff pastry sheet on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
-Line up the peach slices in (3) three rows, making sure to leave about a 1-1/2 to 2 inch border around all four sides.


-Sprinkle 2 TBSP of the cinnamon sugar over the peaches.
-Top with chopped up butter.
-Fold over the sides of the puff pastry making a border around the peaches.
-brush with water and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the edges.


-Bake about 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden and the juices are bubbling.

Voila! You have an easy and delicious dessert.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Color of the Week - Orange